In yesterdays post, I told you about my friend Leslie. She received this award and was kind enough to pass it on to me and a few other bloggers who make her happy! What a great award to pass around?!
Who doesn't like to be happy? Or be the source of someone elses happiness?
I know I could use ALL the happiness I can get!
So here are my top 10's that make me happy:
1) As promised in yesterdays post, Blogging buddies are my #1 thing that make me happy.
It's this whole new world of women just like me!
Available to me more often than the women IRL. (that's blog lingo for "in real life")
You have NO Idea how long it took me to figure that out when I saw it being used all over blogs. HA!!
I love my blog buddies and they are a constant source of happiness.
2) Coffee. I sometimes get really happy at bed time because I realize coffee is in my near future.
If I was choosen for Survivor, coffee would be the luxury I would choose to bring with me.
Yep, I'd give up oral hygeine for it. I-LOVE- COFFEE-
3) My children. Oooh my children. Who knew motherhood would feel this way?!? The kind of happy where I think I might actually burst at the seams. Oh if your a Mother, you know. You know how there isn't enough words in the vocabulary to describe the kind of happy your children make you feel.
4) Music. I couldn't live my life without music.
5) Color. I am a Bohemian Gypsy at heart. I need color in my life in order to remain happy. It feeds my soul.
6) Sand. Not gross wet sand but the kind of warm sand that tickles your toes as you walk through it. Ahhhh sand. I need to plan a trip to the beach soon.
7) The sound of water trickling through a fountain or the ocean waves.
8) The smell of coconut. It instantly transports my mind to a tropical island full of sand, water and colorful flowers!
9) Decorating anything!
10) Home. Home makes me happy. For a very long time I thought home was the four walls that kept you and your things safe. I thought that it was the house that we lived in. It wasn't until recent years that I realized Home was my family. Home was anywhere we were, as long as we were together.
Yes #10 is Home!
Thank you for taking the time to read this and learn a little more about what makes me HAPPY!
Now it's time to share the happiness. This is really hard to pick just 5! I've told you all before I follow each one of you for different reasons and I love you all equally so I always feel yucky just picking a few to pass an award onto. Can you tell I'm a Libra?? Always balancing the scales!
1) Ruffling Feathers - because of posts like this. Through her photos and her stories I FEEL the joy they have being parents. It makes me happy to see someone like this. That is one lucky kid they have!
2) The Frugal Designer - because, well because she's awesome! She is extremely talented and generous with her time. Her blog is full of amazing tips and steps to hold your hand through any d.i.y. decor project you can think of! If you haven't seen her blog yet you need to check her out here
She has not only brought me happiness but hope too! That's quite a combo!
3) Everyday Blessings- because she's been my friend for over 20 years. Because she was someone I could trust to care for my infant son when I had no choice but to return to work many years ago. Because I can call her and just cry, complain or chat. No matter what, she's there. She is a GREAT friend and that makes me very happy.
4) Kreative Knack- because, her imagination makes me want to see things in a different light. She sparks my creativity with every unique project she posts. Because creative people make me happy!
5) Lemonade Makin' Mama- because she makes me laugh! Like spit on the computer laugh. Like kids coming out of thier rooms to find out what's going on kind of laugh! I don't know how I stumbled across her blog but I have always been happy that I did. She made me laugh at a time in my life where nothing else was. She made me laugh when I needed to most. She is insane (in a good way), hysterical, hilarious and a MUST read.
There you have it. Thank you again to Leslie for passing this on. It was nice to just sit and think about myself for awhile! HA!
P.S. if there are spelling errors.... My Bad!! I'm writing this post late and i'm cross eyed tired right now!