Monday, June 28, 2010

Made it JUST in time for Makeover Monday!!

Ok so if your ANYWHERE other than the West Coast it's already Tuesday for you but it's still MONDAY here!!!

I spent most of the past 3 days outdoors with the kids which is great!!!

However, it does make it hard to finish a project or two.

I was so busy with them I didn't even remember to at least line up someone else's projects so I could keep on track!?

So that left me with skipping it all together or working really  hard to get one project done in time!

So I won't keep you waiting any longer!!! 

Here's the before photo,



I got her about a year ago.
YES she has sat in my garage for almost one full year!!!

She was in pretty bad shape when I got her.

Full of stickers and a bit rickety!

 Mr. Treasures did a little something to her about 4 months ago...

You can read more about that here

Ok so are you ready to meet Dottie?
Are you sure?

HA!!!

Here she is....

Horrible picture right??

That was without the flash so let me show you with...


Even worse right!?!
Neither one of these photos accurately depict Dottie's true color.

The lighting in my house must be pretty bad.

She is really a darker grey, without the blueish tint that's showing up in these photos.
Not that the blueish color is bad- I kinda like it, but it's just not the true color.

Anyhow Dottie first got a coat of black.

Once that dried she got a coat of dark grey.
The actual color is called "Antique Tin" from Behr

LOVE it!!

Then she got a heavy sanding to reveal the black and even the original wood in some places.

Have I ever mentioned to you how much work it is to make something look old and beat up?!
Once I got Dottie distressed the way I wanted I went ahead and used...


Black and white polka DOT ribbons for her drawer pulls.
Get it? DOTtie?

I'm sorry it's late and I've been exposed to a lot of sun the past 3 days.

Here's another look at her ribbon with the flash,


Cute right??

Alright that's it for Monday Makeover!!

I made it!!!

It's still a few minutes before 10 pm here!!

Hope you enjoyed!

Angie

21 comments:

Blissful One said...

LOVE Dottie!!

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

Love it! Dottie! perfect! The ribbon adds such a cute touch! Good Job Ang! You did it!

The Urban Cowboy said...

You really amaze me. How you take something I wouldn't pay any notice to, and transform it into something that turns my head. Nicely done!

Trish said...

Kyle needs a new dresser for his room, but I think Dottie might not be exactly what he needs :O)
I love the ribbon handle idea. You never stop amazing me with your ideas!

scrapwordsmom said...

Dottie is adorable and I NEVER would have thought to use ribbon for my drawer pulls. Like Trish said...you never cease to amaze me either with your ideas. Your passion for renovating and decorating is admired!!!!

Happy Tuesday, Angie:)

Sommer said...

The ribbons were such a cute idea! She turned out great!

scrapwordsmom said...

PS... I am finally grabbing a button!! I have always had you in my blog list but not a button-DUH!

Dawn said...

Very cute!! Very clever with the ribbons too!!

Viola said...

I think Dottie is adorable. I love the way she looks all dressed up in her new ribbon. Great job. Angie you are going to have to start a page with a picture and details of the paints and treatments you used so I can keep up. I will have to look for this Anitque Tin by Behr.

Kim said...

Great job! I like the blue, but I really want to see her true color. You've got me so intrigued!

And, I'm so happy to hear she sat in your garage for a year before you finished her. That's the way I work too. I have 3 pieces in my garage right now. My walls are half painted in some areas. My intentions are good but life winds up getting in the way.

Ruby said...

Great job! Very cute!Love the ribbon pulls!

Kirsty Girl said...

I love the finish and I'm very surprised that the ribbon can pull such a weight! Great idea!

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

I LOVE DOTtie a lot!
Nice makeover!
ps i KNOW it was your work e-mail!
Gotcha!

Linda @ Painted Whyte said...

Awesome job! Dottie... totally cute! Ok so i need you to give me a hand with something.... we are coming to California in August and going to Disneyland (i've never been - crazy huh?) and then driving to long beach - we are driving to Vegas first from Edmonton, AB Canada so its going to be alot of driving but i'm so excited because we are taking the truck and you know what that means.... i get to bring home treasures. Anyway i need to know if you can tell me where to go shopping - let me know. I am going to try to do some research and also do a post on the cities we are driving through so that others can tell me places to stop. Hope you had a good weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

and doesn't it just feel fabulous to have that baby done and out of the garage! great job you hard working girlie!

Jami - XOimagine said...

That is really pretty! I love it! Great job Angie! You're quite handy, huh?!
xo - jami
i m a g i n e

Pemberley Court said...

Wow! Awesome job girl! I totally love the use of ribbon for drawer pulls. Very unique:) I've been away from my blog for a while due to summer and all so I can't wait to read the posts that I've missed out on!

Have a great day!

Lanie

Bring Pretty Back said...

Love Dottie! Love the ribbons!

Cat@BudgetBlonde said...

Hey Angie! It looks so so so good. I really want to try to distress something soon!!!

Dorothy said...

From another Dotti, far far away, let me say, you have done a beautiful job. I love all things dottie, and this is no exception. Well done, from an Aussie Dotti
Blessings
Dorothy :)

Debbiedoos said...

Very clever here, who would have thought of the ribbon? Dottie did! Cool tutorial! Have a great weekend Angie!