Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sidewalk Sunday part 1 and NOW part 2!!

( If you stopped by earlier Sunday you saw the first portion of this post already but you won't want to miss what i've added so scroll past what you've already seen!!!)


Alright I have to keep this one short. It was my kids school carnival yesterday which made for a busy day!




Which left me tired! Plus it's a beautiful day outside and I already promised my Mom I'd help her with a little project at her home. 

Speaking of yesterdays carnival, while on my way there bright and early I saw this...

and thought "OH NO! I'm going to miss it"
I've never been to an Estate sale before. I know strange, right?

Anyhow about 6 hours later when I decided I needed a break from the carnival, I headed home only to see..



I hadn't missed it entirely!!!

So I can't show you what I bought until Treasures Thursday of course but would you believe these nice 2 ladies GAVE me this...



Ok not the greatest photos but give me a break, I was severely sleep deprived and my ears were still ringing from the carnival. I asked the ladies "how much for the picnic table and benches?"

"Those" she said "oh you can have those"
Who hooo for my first Estate Sale!!!

Next up is a set of chairs and a table I scored FREE off of craigslist. It's the same set I was talking about Mr. Treasures driving 45 minutes one way after working a full day to pick up for me.
Speaking of Mr. Treasures...


Yep It's Yard work day so he is sporting his pants!!! HA!! I'd love to know what our neighbors think!!

Anyhow back to the table and chairs...



Here they are (well at least two of the chairs- remember I said i'm tired)

Look at the detail in this set!?!
Here's a look at what the legs of the table look like...


Now the only problem is this set sits extremely low to the ground. I'm talking low.
From the floor to the top of the table is 26" from the floor to the seat portion of the chairs is just over 15"
So I'm thinking this set would be better suited for a lounge area maybe an outdoor table where low seating would feel more relaxed??

What's your thoughts?

Angie

Ok here's part 2

I'm going to be as brief as possible for those of you who might being seeing part 1 and part 2 for the first time. Here it goes, after my first Sidewalk Sunday post I ran out with Mr. Treasures to run an errand. While on our way home I spotted something down a side street. I begged Mr. Treasures to turn around and well after what i've been posting about him lately you all know it wasn't much begging to convince him.

First place was a jackpot and it's where I met Randy.  Randy is a fellow furniture fan and also loves to help families in need as well as a couple childrens organizations. If these aren't reasons enough to like Randy, well then maybe this will give you the nudge you need.  He gave me the following for FREE:


Amazing right?!?! Wait till you see the table that I'll be buying from him soon!!!

Now what I didn't tell you was, when we were turning around to go back to Randy's we turned up another side street. That is where I found this....



A faux fireplace just sitting out at the curb waiting for someone with a vision to scoop it up.
Guess the Trash Gods where shinning down on me today.

Now after packing up everything from Randy's place, swinging back by to grab this Treasure, we were headed to the main road when we saw this little guy sitting by a trash can...



And at the house next door....



And her little sister...



The tops on these are some sort of pretend marble. Those will be the first thing to go.

Here's what the poor car looked like once we got home...


I either need a trailer or an intervention.

Which one do you think????

29 comments:

* The Design Confidential said...

Ah-Mazing! I never find stuff this good at estate sales, much less anything free! Lucky, lucky ducky!

Debbiedoos said...

Lucky gal! I would love to go estate and thrifting with you, we would have a blast!

Linda @ Painted Whyte said...

I've never been to an estate sale yet either! But boy do i need to go to one now that i see what you got for free - i can only imagine what kind of stuff they were selling!!! And that table and chair set - wwwaaayyyy worth the drive i think! Maybe you could put castors on them - or maybe make a bit shorter to make a coffee table and use the chairs in another room. Hmmm can't wait to see where you put them. I very much look forward to Thursdays post!!!

Linda @ Painted Whyte said...

Part 2,
Ok shut up... are you for real? well i think i need to move out of canada and start driving around with you! I can't believe the amount of stuff you found or got for free today. Seriously, they are awesome! I'm curious when are you going to be telling us what you bought from Randi? You definetely woke up on the right side of the bed today! I forsure am going to tell Kevin that we have to go on holidays to the US because you guys have way better stuff!!!

Debbiedoos said...

Ok you know what I think S C O R E!~ I love the frame, the table, the faux FP in the garbage...what more can I say...I'm jealous perhaps!

Debbiedoos said...

Both trailer and host the intervention in it!

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh, WOW! You had so much fun!! I would love to go on a treasure hunt with you:)

I went to my "hodge podge" sale but didn't find anything. Most everything had a "sold" sign on it!! I did see several of my friends scooping up a few trinkets.

Angie...I love your blog...it inspires me!!

Have a happy Day.

amy said...

A trailer for sure. What great finds, I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

i never find anything either and you got ALL of that!!! WOWZER I can see the ideas spinning in my head right now of all the refurb I would do to that stuff! Absolutely love those little tables and seriously that faux fireplace has SO much potential! Good LUCK can't wait to see what comes about from all of this great stuff!

Trish said...

just dropped in to say hello from Words of Me Project. I love your blog you found the neatest things at the Estate sell(love the 2 plates & black head board...so many crafty ideas are running through my head right now!

I am now your newest follower :O)

Laura Lofgreen said...

I am so impressed with everything you've found. Hopefully they will turn into some great re-sale items. Thanks for visiting www.mydeartrash.blogspot.com. I'll be back.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Wow Angie, you scored big time!! I think you should turn the low table into a loungy outside area! HMMMM but how do you waterproof it? Can't wait to see what you do with your finds! Must have been fundraising weekend for all the schools, we had ours too :)
Take care
Kristin

Magic Brush said...

Trailer! Trailer! Trailer! What a score!!!!!!!

Buttons said...

Wow Ang, the pictures are way better that what you described to me on the phone. I say get a trailer. I love hearing how excited your voice is in fact that one day I thought you were going to hyperventilate for sure.

Buttons said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
* The Design Confidential said...

i can't believe these finds! jealous!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I can't wait to see what you do with all your fabulous finds!

Anonymous said...

I think you are one lucky girl...my hero! Now send some of that luck my way...please~

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Oh Angie, You are definitely going to need a trailer after this! (and then the intervention, lol) Remember the neighborhood and the day you found it, go back often to visit on that same night of the week. That's how I find stuff, cruising my favorite neighborhoods on trash night or morning.
I'm so happy you scored so big at the curb! Soon you won't even be tempted by the estate sales, you can find great stuff like this for free! I'll be watching to see what you do with it all.
Rose

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

WTH! Why can't I live in a neighborhood, let alone town like that! I never see anything good like that down my streets :( You definitely hit the jackpot... I love that little with table...ugh and the headboard! Good Eye Grasshopper! lol

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

Okay so its me again...btw how'd the carnival go? Fun? k and the table...i just keep thinking bohemian colors...huge floor pillows around it... definitely for an outside space and huge chunky candles in the center of the table...oooh I can't wait to see what ya do with it!

Marcie said...

OK...part 2 ROCKS!!!
That was AMAZING!

Tricia said...

I NEVER see stuff like this just sitting around~ you are one lucky lady! That low table would make a great game table for the family.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRRRL! We know what will be consuming your spare time!

Anonymous said...

seriously! I've never seen such a haul in all my life!

Kristin said...

No you are the amazing one.
How do you find all this stuff.
So many cool treasures to be had!

Have a great night!

Room to Inspire said...

Are you kidding me - you totally scored with each piece! Wow, I can't wait to see them all transform.

Chelsea

Erica Cook said...

amazing finds!! I wonder if you couldn't put some sort of wooden ball under the feet on the low set and raise it by 3-4 inches. xo erica

Angela said...

Girl! Go get that trailer, you seem to be very blessed in the roadside treasure department!!