Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A little more Christmas decor..

If you missed round one of Treasures Christmas decor, you can stop by the Designer Garden to start.


First stop?  The entryway....


Never mind the pencil mark on the wall. I found some GREAT wallpaper I was going to hang and well, that's as far as I got!

To your left is the chalkboard that used to be in the kitchen


I know, I'm a tad chalkboard obsessed.

Just past that is a stack of  thrift store books and a thrift store pot complete with a 99 cent store poinsettia!

To finish off the look is my PRICELESS pine cone discovered by my very own Lil' Red on her first trip to the mountains.
( I actually had to google how to spell poinsettia)

Once you make your way past that, you are greeted by....


Our very own Christmas tree picnic bench card display thingamajigger.

Yep! This is where we will proudly pin up every card that makes it's way over to the Treasures Household.

Just like this...


  
I got tired of taping them to the walls, mirrors or anywhere else I could stick them.

Let's continue on.

Just past the entryway is the dinning room where you'll see Lil' Red working on a re-purposing project

(More on that later)

Now follow me past the "kitchen tree"


My MIL bought the galvanized bucket for me at a yard sale a while back. I hadn't decided how I was going to use it until the stand for this tree went missing.

It was painted white so Mr. Treasures took a can of red spray paint to it...



Shhhh don't tell him- it's not the best paint job!

But hey, I didn't have to do it so I can't complain!

Now come on into the kitchen,


Where we can have a cup of coffee and talk about whether or not I'll ever


buy candles for my kitchen chandelier

and...



how bummed I am that I couldn't print the photos for this tree.

Here's a couple that I wanted to hang from the tree...


This was Christmas 2005. Lil' Red was so scared of Santa!

That was the ONLY way she was getting close to him!

and this next photo?!?


Is one of my favorites. The local outdoor mall had a snow machine.

The kids had a blast!

I sure wish my printer would cooperate!

Moving on....

Want another sneak peek of the Christmas tree?


You'll have to wait to see all of it on the 12th at Designer Garden!!


Angie

15 comments:

Tammy @ Type A said...

love it! i want a thingamajigger! it's perfect.

* The Design Confidential said...

adorable! oh how funny poor lil red, blakey would be the same way i think..or he would talk santa's ear off...not sure...

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

Awesome...Love the Santa star in the entry way...too cute!...psst...I google everything ;)

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Love it! My favorite time of the year...

Dawn said...

love this little "peek" ....can't wait to see your tree!

Renée Finberg said...

great ideas!!!

great memories of the kids too.
they grow up so darn fast!!!

xxx merry Christmas to you and your sweet family

Leanne said...

ANG!!!! You have such a warm, welcoming, lovely home!!! I love this little peek at your space - and TOTALLY want the christmas card thingamajig (which, by the way, is the BEST WORD EVERY!)

Merry Christmas to YOU and all the TREASURES in your home!!

LuLu said...

It looks all so lovely!!! You are definitely having a wonderfu time decorating!
xo,
LuLu

Cat@BudgetBlonde said...

LOVE the chalkboard vase!!!

Bring Pretty Back said...

The kids in front of that snow maker is so so so cute! Your decorations are so pretty!! Love everything!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Val said...

Everything looks so wonderful!

Unknown said...

Yeah, except for the part about Mr Treasures and the spray paint. For the record, I ran out and still made it look good! Mr Treasures is the MAN!!

Debbiedoos said...

Wonderful Angie...I love all the festivities this time of year...and your home looks wonderful!

La Dolfina said...

Angie I loved your tour!!
Your decor is lovely and so creative and personal. I truly get a sense of you and your family. Best of all are those priceless photos. Thank you for bringing us inside your holiday home. It's beautiful, just like you :)
Much love to you this Christmas.
XO
Terri

The Chic Chauffeur said...

I am chalk board crazy too! Loved the tour!